Monday, February 28, 2011

They say that here too?

Just a quick note before I resume my mountain of reading that needs to be accomplished...

It is pretty easy to spot the ways in which American culture has been influenced by British culture (i.e. as a whole, we view British society as classy and sophisticated), but while I've been here, I've been pretty hard-pressed to find ways in which American culture has changed British culture (other than giving them amazing dance party music! You're welcome, Great Britain :) ) until now.

As I rounded the corner onto my corridor just now, I overheard a girl talking to someone about one of her friend's relationships.  She didn't know whether or not her friend was actually dating the guy in question, if their relationship was actually "official" because, and I quote [please read the following quote in a British accent for full effect], "I mean, its not on Facebook.  Nowadays you're not really dating until its on Facebook."

I walked into my room chuckling and thinking, Oh my gosh, they say that here too?

Apparently teenagers in this Age of Information are the same everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment