Sunday, February 13, 2011

What Depths of Peace

First off, I apologize for my serious lack of blogging this past week!  With classes starting, etc, I have no idea where the time has gone!  I promise to update and fill in on the events of the last week soon.

Just a quick update on today....

After attending St. Salvator's Chapel last Sunday morning, we decided to head a few streets south and check out St. Andrews Free Church for morning worship - and oh my goodness, I am so happy that I did.  I literally left the church beaming.  The service was very much like a service at McLean Pres or Grace Covenant - a nice mix of traditional and contemporary (and actually, I just found out that the Free Church of Scotland only recently voted to allow musical instruments and contemporary music in worship services. crazy!).  The traditional songs we sang were actually Psalms set to commonly-known hymn melodies (what a cool idea!) and the contemporary songs were all ones that Margaret Ann and I knew from home.  There was just something so incredibly meaningful about singing "Here I Am to Worship" and "In Christ Alone" (two good classics) in a room full of complete strangers in a foreign country and knowing that we were all there for the exact same reason, and that no matter how different we are, we believe in the same God, in the same Gospel.  I don't even know how to describe it.  It was just so wonderful to know that we were all worshiping together and to feel the Spirit working in that congregation.

I was actually surprised by the large number of University (or "Uni" as they say here) students/young adults that attended the service -- many more than I expected.  It was so encouraging to see so many of them - the majority of the congregation seemed to be around my age!

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I know that it isn't Valentine's Day back home yet, but it is here - so HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!!! I love you so much and hope you have an absolutely fantastic day!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment